The other day I came home from a meeting and about 10 of the kids who were at our house were sitting all over our living room, paging through our photo books. It blessed my heart to see all my hard work appreciated and it reminded me again of why I am so passionate to teach others to document the story of their lives. There is no getting back days and the opportunity to capture memories is a gift. I have taught more than a dozen of these classes and the beautiful documenting of lives from the people who have taken this class has been so rewarding!
I am expanding this introductory class by one hour to include some more information and practice together. I talk fast but even I could not squeeze in all the information into three hours!
Saturday, April 18
9:00 A.M. – 1 P.M.
At my home in Auburn, WA
This class is designed for those who want to get the most out of their d-slr’s and to learn how to photograph their lives with more thought and skill. People come into this class at a range of ability levels, from shooting in just auto to those who have dabbled in other modes but want a sound foundation of how their camera works and what to do in different situations.
We will cover:
- how to use natural and available lighting for the best look, especially including indoor light which can be tricky.
- how to capture genuine emotion and connections with portraiture by interacting with your subject (I have some fun tricks I’ll tell you about…nobody wants cheese!).
- things to keep in mind when composing a shot with visual interest and balance.
- storytelling and details to include in your daily life.
- the technical aspects of your camera and learn how to shoot in the different modes beyond auto.
- the components that go into creating proper exposure and how to adjust them in a variety of settings.
- the practical experience of shooting together with what we’ve learned and I will send you out with a sound knowledge of how to use aperture priority.
I’ll also feed you snacks (because everything is better with food)!
This is a very fun class and I cover a great volume of material. I love it when I see those who take the class get inspired and jump right in. I have been thrilled at the growth and awesome images I see from students after the class. We also have an optional Facebook group afterwards where I share articles, photo recipes and others share victories and ask questions.
1. Contact me at email@example.com.
2. Mail in your check to reserve your seat.
Class size is limited. Please let me know if you have any questions. I’d LOVE to have your join us and learn how to document your amazing life and all the people in it!
Learning how to photograph your life well is something you will never regret! It’s why I picked up a camera in the first place and I love having a record of my family’s life!
Here are a few of my favorites from the last few months of our crazies!