I think I’m getting more comfortable in my own skin as a photographer. Like any creative, I’ve wrestled with growth and picking my own work apart, things I wanted to learn and struggled with, comparison (which is a yucky, slippery slope worth getting off!), and reconciling how I am and what makes my heart sing. I’m feeling pretty good, actually really good. There’s such a spectrum out there of great photography and I am happy to be tucked in my niche of where my heart keeps going back to.
I’m really loving what I’m doing. I love teaching classes and seeing others flourish. I’m loving photographing the awesome people that choose me, not because of anything else but that they want my perspective and heart to capture connections. I love that I have some personal projects under my belt.
I am so drawn to people and it fills my cup to be able to capture relationships like I do. Families, seniors, kids, couples. I love to be able to connect with people and then hold up the mirror.
I have a few things on my wish list that I’d like to shoot this year. If your heart jumps at any of these, please shoot me an email. I have a few perks that I’d like to throw in for you, if you could help me accomplish these things.
Cassandra’s Wish List:
1. I want to shoot one or two all black and white sessions. I crave black and white, for what can be seen more clearly in the contrast and simplicity.
2. I want to shoot one, maybe two weddings this year. I used to be strictly “no weddings” but some great experiences with some wonderful couples made me open up the door a crack. I can’t fill up my calendar with this season of my life but I’d love to do one or two. If you are interested, let’s talk.
3. I want to shoot a session at the Seattle Public Library. Couple, senior, family. Doesn’t matter.
4. I want to shoot a sunrise session at the UW Quad during cherry blossom season. Some of those trees are 80 years old and I’m itching to photograph there….really itching….nice perk involved.
5. I want to photograph a birth, home or hospital. I’ve loved the three birth sessions that I’ve done and I want to do another.
The other thing that I’m planning on doing this year are mini sessions each season: spring (maybe in the lupines one evening?), summer, fall and winter. I may do another silhouette mini session night too as my silhouette hunger has not been satiated yet.
Thank you for your support, your encouragement, and for those who step in front of my camera and trust me…I am very grateful!
I am booking regular sessions for 2015 as well!